South Carolina agencies are set to test hurricane evacuation plans, which call for reversing traffic lanes on major highways to ensure coastal residents can get inland as fast as possible. The test is planned for 8 a.m.-3 p.m. today and is not expected to impact traffic, but state officials urge drivers to remain cautious due to the increase in activity along Interstate 26, U.S. Highways 21, 278, 501 and S.C. 544. More: The Post and Courier
In other headlines:
- S.C. deputy charged with reckless homicide after crash that killed three
- Former Holy Spokes bikes sighted at the dump
- High turnout rates for early voting in S.C.
- Drunk driver who injured police officer and killed K-9 sentenced to four years
- S.C. veterans cemetery proposed in Santee Cooper
Copyright (C) 2022 Charleston City Paper. All rights reserved.